Sunday, September 18, 2011

hello, nanny, babysitter, sister, brother, kid-less world who thinks they know better

This post isn't meant to be mean. I would like to think of it as a wake-up call but it more or less came to me in a moment of anger. I noticed that someone who is a babysitter, is constantly complaining about her job-who doesn't though? Then, she complains about the parents of her young wards, AKA the boss'. Then again, who doesn't? But then, amidst her post full of rage she calls out all parents. Talking about how easy it is to teach your children. How parent's shouldn't coddle children, how they shouldn't let them do anything with electronics or technology. in other words, she consistently talks about how " easy" it is to be super awesome, creative parents and to raise a gracious, respectful, never tantrum throwing, independent child.Does she have kids? no, none at all. I never want to be the one to say " you don't know until you have one" but I can't help to feel justified. She talks about how easy it is to control your child in a grocery store when they're throwing a tantrum. " I calmly tell them they need to stop, or walk away and they listen". You should be thankful that those " horrible parents" have taught there children to respect there babysitters and that when they're not there, the babysitter is boss. That's pretty damn good parenting if you ask me. Children are more responsive to someone other then there parents most of the time. They know there parents, they know how far they can get and they know the end result. No matter how much you babysit , you will never know how hard a parent really works. You aren't there at 3 am, when they get up to a screaming child to find them covered in there own poop, their sheets-covered in poop, the crib railings, basically everything said child can get there hands on- covered in poop. Maybe they've been through it once or twice, but they don't deal with some new catastrophe everyday. There job is temporary. They can leave when they want to, drink when they want to, have time for themselves after work. You know what parents do after? Come home to do the "work" you complain about. There is no off time, no vacation whenever you want. Now, I understand, parents chose this life. But you chose the job. Parenting isn't as " easy" as this person constantly claims. My child is almost 9 months old and I can tell you it's the hardest job I've ever had in my life. It's also the most rewarding and my daughter is the greatest job I could ever be blessed to have. I don't consider her work, but it makes me mad to hear people down play parenting when they've never done it. Your child is constantly changing and you have to learn how to adapt as fast as they do. You play doctor daily, you sniff butts in public, google poop colors, have an in depth conversation about your childs poops for the day, basically a majority of the time- you're dealing with poop, you walk outside with two different shoes on , or in pajamas thinking you're fully dressed, you get puked and pooped on. Your hair is always being pulled out, you get bit constantly, You have to fight to put someone elses clothes on 5-10 times a day, you don't eat until your child does. YOU come last. So please, enlighten me on how wonderfully easy it is to be parent in your imagination ?

No comments:

Post a Comment