Wednesday, October 12, 2011

teeth

I named this post "teeth" thinking of it as a pun from that cheesy horror movie called "Teeth" but , I realize anyone who hasn't seen it and anyone who has it seen will probably think gross. Onto said tooth,  DD has one. I saw it and thought YES! she'll start to feel better. Why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy would I think that? A dream, I suppose. This last week has been AWFUL. She doesn't really sleep at night because her mouth hurts and nothing seems to ease it. While she does eventually go back to sleep, it takes a while. I've got tylenol, teething tablets, frozen wash clothes,ice, and while it does appease her nothing can keep her asleep at night. So I went from thinking  " I can't wait till she has a tooth" to " am I bad mom if I want my DD to be toothless?" Since her tooth has come in she's started to bang her head on things, I found her in the hallway one time just banging her head over and over on the wall. Disconcerting , to say the least. According to my doctor it's normal in a teething child. He seemed confused when I asked him how I can get her to stop. Apparently you're suppose to let them alleviate their tooth pain but causing pain somewhere else, "Major Pain" style. Oh, and she's walking. Well, she's trying to walk. She can get halfway across the living room before she sits down. So I've got a teething, walking baby on my hands. At least she doesn't bite, yet

No comments:

Post a Comment