Saturday, August 20, 2011

The bib

I finally finished my first bib. It's nothing great but I did it, it's done and I can say I've made a bib. What do they say in Clueless? It's a Monet, pretty from far away but up close, it's a mess. It really is. If you don't look too hard at it you'd think " hey, nice bib you got there baby!" Then you get closer and see jagged lines and some frayed edges. I'm slowly working on bettering my technique. I blame the terry cloth. See --------> excuse the face, she was enjoying her veggies lol .
it's really simple, if you want to try one yourself. I used fleece for the print and terrycloth for the back. I would not recommend terry cloth. It tore so easily and the needle just ate it up. I traced one of her bibs she had, sewed it inside out first and left a little hole, pulled it right side out and did a top stitch to even it out, Then i sewed on some velcro. It gets the job done.
Next up, I'll discuss my experience with cloth wipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment