Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Moby Wrap

I have been anticipating the arrival of my Moby Wrap since before I even ordered it. Well people, The day has arrived! My Moby Wrap was awaiting me outside the front door bright and early this morning. I tore into that amazon box like a kid at Christmas , fully prepared to have DD in it with seconds of opening it. Little did I know, The Moby Wrap is a bit more complicated than that. It starts out looking like an extra long scarf. Once you pull the scarf looking thing out, you realize it "opens" for more fabric . I was utterly confused at first until I saw the little instruction booklet that came with it. At first, it was INCREDIBLY frustrating. I couldn't figure out how to wrap it or how to get DD into it. Luckily that only lasted five minutes and soon DD was snug as a bug wrapped against my chest (see pictures below). DD fell asleep almost as soon as she was wrapped in. Now, anyone who knows me, knows that DD is a VERY picky sleeper. Meaning, she will only sleep in someones arms. She absolutely, vehemently protests her swing, bassinet, crib, bouncer and any other contraption that isn't human arms, to sleep in. We have another baby carrier. One that straps in the back, almost like a front facing backpack. DD HATES it and so do I. I was large chested before I got pregnant so now they;re even bigger and the other carrier has her head butting my sensitive "hug cushions" ( as my sister calls them). The other carrier also limits what I'm able to do. I can't lean over to pick something up an I can barely walk with her in it without it sloshing her around in there. The Moby wrap has solved ALL those problems. So, it was a god send.Not only is The Moby Wrap a miracle worker on my child but boy is it comfortable. It's made out of super soft cotton and can fit ANYONE. With other carriers I had to put a blanket behind her to get her to fit in it properly, my back would ache from improper distribution of her weight and the rough material would rub against her sensitive leg skin. NONE of that is a problem with the Moby. DD fits snugly in it, it's comfortable for both of us, it's sturdy and has several different options for ways of wearing it. visit them at their Facebook or their website.
Warning though, if you're very impatient and don't have a patient significant other or someone else to help you in the beginning,you could get very frustrated. I'm VERY impatient and was cursing up a storm trying to figure it out, at first. Thankfully the hubby is very calm and was able to help me and now It's smooth sailing. I highly recommend this for mommies and daddies!

  •  Priced around $39 .
  • Holds up to 35lbs
  • One size fits all
  • made out of 100% cotton
  • machine washable 


No comments:

Post a Comment