Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wubbanubb review

Recently DD had to be taken to the hospital for a possible UTI. Anyone whose had to take there child to the hospital or even to get shots know how horrific and sad it is for the parents and child. They took her for "tests" and I could hear her baby screams all the way down the hall. It took everything in me not to bust open that door and grab her away from them. After the tests were done I felt so bad for her that I went to the gift shop in search of something to comfort my nearly two month old. Hidden amongst the teddy bears, I found Cutsie the Caterpillar! a wubbanubb by Mary Meyer.

The Wubbanub was designed to keep the soothie in the childs mouth.Unfortunately I think Cutsie doesn't have the width to allow my child to keep it in her mouth. The Caterpillar is too skinny for her to grab on to it and be comforted. She gets frustrated trying to grab it and it falls out. I think If I had gotten Red dog or the cat , it would have been much better suited for her.The gift shop only had Cutsie the Caterpillar though and at the moment, I don't have the funds to try out the larger Wubbanubs. Cutsie is an adorable Wubbanub and DD really does love it, it just doesn't live up to the other reviews I've heard. I will add though, that all the great reviews I've heard have been about the larger Wubbanubbs and not my Mary Meyer one. Hopefully I'll be able to get a larger one to try and let you all know how it goes.
You can buy a Wubbanubb here and check out there Facebook page here. They're constantly having giveaways on there facebook, so I recommend check them out and giving them a '"like". 
  • Wash by hand , with mild soap, then brush to get the plush feeling back
  • Cost approx. $13.99
  • Distributed around most hospitals and NICUS
*update: The great staff at Wubbanub has been so kind as to send me an original Wubbanub for DD to try out.I'll be sure to review it for you guys ASAP

No comments:

Post a Comment